Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Absolute State!

The enlightened ones know that the FINAL barrier for a "seeker" is the "desire" to get enlightened! At that stage, each effort becomes an obstacle! Then, there is only ONE way left - effortlessness!

The following excerpts may help in maintaining a BEING-NESS which is completely at ease:

There is no world, no seeker for liberation, no yogi, no seer, no one bound and no one liberated. I remain in my own nondual nature.

Recognising that in reality no action is ever committed, I live as I please, just doing what presents itself to be done.

One established in the Absolute state with an empty mind does not know the alternatives of inner stillness and lack of inner stillness, and of good and evil.

Some think that something exists, and others that nothing does. Rare is the man who does not think either, and is thereby free from distraction.

The man who is free from doubts and whose mind is free does not bother about means of liberation.

Whether seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, or tasting, he lives at ease.


~Ashtavakra Gita

3 comments:

Ray Gratzner said...

Thank you for this post. I have to let it sink in, before I could give a qualified comment.

Amarendra said...

Thanks for your appreciation!

I am reminded of the Zen legend where someone asks, "What is life like after one has achieved Satori (enlightenment)?"

The master answers, "Before Satori you chop wood and carry water. After Satori you chop wood and carry water".

Ray Gratzner said...

Nice legend and I fear true too